CHANCE

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

CARSON

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Getting back to work!

Well, Jon had his first day of work on Monday! He got all of his gear, badges, etc. and of course filled out a ton of paperwork. Then it was off for some shooting practice with the new gun (it's big and scary by the way) and then an intense work out! It's hard to imagine Jon looking mean, but he really does look mean and tough with all his gear on! This truly is the perfect job for him...shooting guns and working out!! He came home that night with so much stuff that it took us 3 trips to just get everything inside. He had HUGE suitcases full of emergency equipment, vests, etc. We spent most of the night just sorting through all his new equipment. I'm so very proud of how hard he's worked to get here!

I've been looking online for a job. There are a few prospects in the nursing areas I'm familiar with, however, being pregnant kinda throws a curve ball into the job search. But for the time being I'm getting my paperwork filled out to get a Virginia RN license. I can't actually apply for one until I have my DL here. Which takes an act of congress to get! We're waiting for our 1st bill to take to the DMV. So kind of in a little bit of a holding pattern with all of that. But hopefully the ball will get rolling soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment